Quality Assurance Code
Our Quest for Safe, Secure Food:
An Important Mission Since Our Founding
Quality Assurance Concept
We wish to treasure the "delicious taste" and "freshness" of materials, provide individual consumer with safe and high-quality products and thus helping them to develop healthy, rich eating life style.
To gain consumers' confidence and empathy, every member of NISSUI's staff will perform his or her duty to maintain product quality and will make every effort to obtain consumers' satisfaction.
Article 1 Quality policy
- 1.Business activities and the preparation of products shall be carried out in conformance with the voluntary standards which have been established on the basis of various regulations and ordinances and which reflect the consumers' sense of values.
- 2.Efforts will be made to establish an integrated quality assurance system throughout production, including the operation of fish farms, agriculture farms, chicken farms, etc.
- 3.Only materials and ingredients whose origin, source and history are acceptable shall be used, and the use of food additives shall be kept to a minimum.
- 4.Products shall be produced only in plants having proper facilities, equipment and control systems, and operated by educated and trained workers for the performance of the HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point).
- 5.A controlled distribution system will be established and maintained so that products can be delivered to consumers without suffering any deterioration in quality.
- 6.Refinement of products and consumer services shall be continued toward the customer's satisfaction by ensuring direct dialogue with them.
- 7.Information about the origin and source of the raw materials, allergenic substances, nutritional components, and production processes etc. shall be provided correctly and clearly to the consumers.
Article 2 Action guidelines
- 1.Each employee shall be conscious of his or her responsibility concerning quality assurance and make sure to fulfill his or her role.
- 2.Delivering safe, faithful, and satisfying products to consumers shall be regarded as a starting point of all actions.
- 3.Each employee shall always ensure that his or her actions are in accordance with all relevant laws and regulations provided; and that those actions are appropriate under normal social conventions; and that they are understood by the consumers.
- 4.Each employee, as a professional food manufacturer, shall always be concerned with the quality of the products being produced, and pursue continuing professional development and improvement to carry out his or her task.
- 5.Each employee shall understand the purpose and meaning of each prescribed procedure, and follow those procedures to carry out his or her task.
- 6.In all processes from development to procurement, production, distribution, and sales, efforts shall always be made to develop and improve technologies in order to improve product quality using the company's original techniques and know-how.
- 7.Obtain a certificate of specifications for all raw materials used, and confirm both compliance and safety.
- 8.Quality standards, manufacturing standards, and raw material composition tables shall be followed, and products with stable quality shall be delivered to consumers.
- 9.Records on raw materials used, production, and distribution of products shall be filed and stored so that they can be used anytime if necessary.
- 10.In each department and each business establishment, issues concerning quality will be organized and procedures and goals will be set to improve these issues. In each department, information about quality assurance will be shared and training needed for quality assurance will be provided regularly.
- 11.If there are any complaints or dissatisfaction from consumers, situations shall be checked and dealt with by prompt actions. In addition, activities will be promoted to reflect consumers' voice in product improvement.
- 12.In case a food accident occurs, it shall be addressed from the consumers' standpoint. The status of the health hazard and the potential for escalation of the accident shall be studied immediately and this information will be reported to the competent health center if necessary. At the same time, measures shall be taken immediately including information sharing with sales contacts, information disclosure, and/or product recall, etc.
- 13.In the case of failure to abide by the quality policy and action guideline, details of the incident shall be collated, responsibility will be clarified, and impartial measures will be taken to prevent a recurrence.
Article 3 Quality assurance standards and other standards
The following items are based on the standards set separately.
- 1.Each department's role concerning quality assurance
- 2.NISSUI plant certification standards
- 3.Standard of new products to be introduced
- 4.Standard of labeling
- 5.Standard for ensuring safety of raw materials
- 6.Standard of quality assurance training
- 7.Product handling standard in distribution
- 8.Standard of food defense
Article 4 Group companies
Group companies also should make efforts to comply with the provisions of the Quality Assurance Code.
Enactment Date: October 1, 2002
Revision Date: October 13, 2010
March 18, 2015
March 28, 2017